Director of Communications
The Director of Communications will be responsible for the development, execution, and outcomes of our communication strategy, and a broad range of public relations activities across all parts of the business. This individual and their team will be ambassadors for the organization and will build relationships with collaborators internally and externally. You will be a critical part of the marketing leadership team, and will work closely with the entire C-suite and other leaders across Unity.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Communication strategy – design and implement Unity’s communication strategy to deliver awareness, understanding, excitement, and growth
- Public relations – own and lead all aspects of PR, including agency relationships and relationships with international, national, and regional technology and business media, with the goal of increasing placement across all channels
- Executive communications – explore and develop new opportunities for our C-suite to expand our brand and influence, and prepare executive speakers for interviews, conferences, keynotes, etc.
- Internal communications – plan Unity town halls, organizational updates, and support HR and recruiting initiatives
- Craft narratives – develop unique, meaningful, and memorable narratives products, services, and speakers
- Collaborate – work cross-functionally with sales, product marketing, field engineering, business development, content marketing, product, and the events team to ensure consistent and high-impact communications
- Analyst relations – work cross-functionally to deliver quality information, data, and insights to analysts
- Make it happen – get it done, build and lead successful teams that deliver results
- Take initiative – creative, resourceful, and resilient self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment where initiative and innovation are required
What We’re Looking For
- Proven experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency, experienced in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive critical communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Innovative problem solver, with a track record for translating critical thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
You Might Also Have
- Experience in a SAAS or Gaming organization
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.