Principal Engineer, Engineering Services
We are looking for a forward-thinking engineer to join our team. We seek self-starters with a positive “Can Do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and an unparalleled commitment to the customer.
We’d like you to be a part of our Engineering Services organization at Unity, where we focus on internal platforms, developer productivity, and service resiliency. We want someone with the skills and desire to drive major initiatives across Unity’s service products and to provide mentorship and leadership for our growing organization.
This is a huge opportunity to have a significant impact on a growing business.
What you’ll be doing
- Create programs and processes that keep the ship running with an enterprise and global lens. Build the calm before the storm so it can be quickly weathered or never happen.
- Focus on proactive measures for high availability, resilience, security, account governance, and cost optimization with major vendors, third-parties, and cloud providers.
- Establish, update org-wide principles, tenets and frameworks for disaster recovery that work for Unity while also providing autonomy for subsidiaries and teams.
- Record and understand requirements for individual teams for reliability, resiliency, security, and cost – with a focus that documentation stays up to date while simultaneously working to make keeping this updated easier for teams.
- Establish world-wide OKRs for 3-5 year roadmaps for critical initiatives that represent technical adoption governing training, resilience programs, and Disaster Response frameworks.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years engineering management experience
- 10+ years software, games industry, or Unity ecosystem experience
- 5+ years experience in cloud or hybrid architectures (One of, Azure, GCP, AWS) with willingness to learn others
- Broad technical depth and awareness on a wide variety of technologies and third-parties allows you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with your team (e.g. Containers/Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD)
You might also have
- Passion for Architectural Best Practices (Governance, RTO/RPO, Observability, Disaster Recovery Strategies)
- Experience with Enterprise-Level Account Governance, CI/CD, and real-world lived experiences with Ops
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.